In this article on Antique glass ltd website, we are trying to show the best time to install new windows. And explain why other times are worse.
At first, we want to remind you some signs when is the time to replace windows and install a new one as a headline.
- They are damaged, warped, or broken
- Reducing energy bill
- Needing a makeover or remodeling for home
- Renovating a historic home
It might seem like palpable to start planning a window replacement project when the weather is not too hot or too cold. Nobody wants to do a renovation when it’s freezing outside anyway. Some reasons make replacements in winter harder than those performed in the spring or even summer months.
is Fall and winter the best time to install new windows?
Of course, installing windows in the colder months may not be your first choice. But, there are some advantages to putting new windows in during fall and winter.
- The most significant benefit is these are “off” seasons and replacing your windows will reduce wait times to get your project completed.
- Since many homeowners schedule the replacements of windows in the spring and summer, installers are more available in the colder months. Our expert team with windows services take all the precautions to minimize heat loss in your home during the installation process.
On the other hand, there are some disadvantages too:
- While installing one window at a time during the winter might be good for minimizing heat loss, it could make the installation process much longer. The trouble with installing new windows in the winter is that if there’s moisture in the air. the sealant won’t be able to set as it should.
what about Summer?
Maybe you have been already convinced to arrange the window replacement for summer when the weather is warmer. While there are many advantages to a summer window installation, there are a few disadvantages too.
- The most obvious advantage to having windows installed during the summer is that the existing windows removed in warmer temperatures, won’t cause the same level of disruption as it would during the winter.
- More daylight hours in summer gives installers more time during the day to get the windows installed.
- Installers are likely to be busier in summer
- Warm air holds more moisture than cold air so that it will get trapped between the wall and the window
Moderate weather is the best time to install new windows
Ideally, the spring or early summer is the best time to plan your window replacement. A time of year when the weather is warm.
There are 3 reasons to prove spring is the best time to replace new windows:
* First, changing windows in warm weather will force you to pump up your heat and therefore, save you from also seeing a bump in your heating bill.
* Secondly, ideally, when temperatures range is between 5 to 20 degrees Celsius, caulk should only be applied. If you’re using silicone, you may be able to apply in colder weather, but you’ll need to warm it before applying so that it will flow smoothly and evenly
* Finally, as you know, some materials, particularly vinyl and aluminium, expand in warm weather and contract in the cold. Contractors call it the “movement of the substrate.” If you caulk your windows when the weather is too cold, the caulk could crack and split when the materials eventually contract as a result of the temperature drop.
You aware of deciding to install replacement windows is a great way to improve your home’s look, energy efficiency, style, and value. It is an investment that pays off for years to come.
We have years of experience to know how to guide you in choosing the right time to install new windows for your home or wherever you are spending your valuable time there.
From our points of view, The most important tips for choosing the best season to replace your windows is choosing what will work best for your home and your family.
As the Antique glass team tempt to improve the durability, quality, and energy efficiency for the windows in London, each season, we bring innovation to the window industry. Our experts will be ready to provide you with high-quality replacement windows. So call us now.